Bournemouth is renowned for its beautiful beaches and outdoor adventures but when the rain is pouring and the kids are buzzing with energy then… it’s time for soft play! This posts brings you a summary of the five best soft play venues in Bournemouth so that you can have plenty of family fun, even on rainy days.
The great news is there’s lots of awesome indoor play spots around Bournemouth so you have plenty of choice of where to visit. The entry prices and opening hours are correct at the time of publishing this post but please do double check before making your way to the venue.
So here it is, proudly introducing…
5 Unmissable Soft Play Venues In Bournemouth
1. WILD THING! AT ADVENTURE WONDERLAND
Wild Thing! is an Aztec themed Adventure Soft Play centre with two huge perks 1) it’s open all year round and 2) the soft play is adjacent to Adventure Wonderland theme park, making it a wonderful add-on for family days out.
Wild Thing! has a huge range of play equipment to keep the kids entertained – three levels of soft play adventure, tube slides, air blasters and a separate play area which is suitable for Under 4’s.
New for 2019 is the Jungle Zap Zone where kids can challenge themselves, their friends or family on this brand new reaction speed interactive game.
- Cost of entry: Under 1: Free, Children 1-3 £6.99 Children 4+ £7.99, accompanying adults £1
- Opening Hours: 10am opening with last admission at 5pm and indoor play ends 5:50pm. It’s open all year (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and two maintenance days, one March and One Sept)
- Address: Adventure Wonderland, Merritown Lane, Hurn, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 6BA
2. OASIS FUN
Oasis Fun is a soft play in the heart of Bournemouth town centre.
The soft play area is suitable for children up to 11 years old has a range of climbing experiences in its multi-level soft play area with twirl slides.
Whilst Oasis Fun doesn’t offer the largest soft play in Bournemouth, it is accompanied by a range of other indoor activities which make for a great family fun day out. Here you’ll also find bowling, adventure golf, arcades and pool tables.
The American diner and bar (open Friday – Sunday) serves up delicious burgers, pizzas, hot dogs and paninis. There’s also a few vegetarian options.
- Cost of entry: Under 1: Free, Age 1-3: £5, Age 4-11: £6, Accompanying Adults £1. Tickets are valid for 2 hours.
- Opening Hours: 10am until 6.30pm, 7 days a week.
- Address: Glen Fern Road, Bournemouth, BH1 2LZ
3. LEMUR LANDINGS
Lemur Landings is a multi-award winning soft play and indoor children’s entertainment centre. Just a short drive from Bournemouth town centre, Lemur Landings is the largest of its kind locally.
In addition to the huge range of multi-level soft play, slides and cannon blasters, there’s also:
- Low Ropes Climbing Course
- 5m Climbing Wall
- Interactive Climbing DigiWall
- Role-play village with interactive buildings
For younger visitors there is an area dedicated to children under 110cm tall. There’s also a sensory room which is great for babies and toddlers.
This place is absolutely HUGE and therefore by default can get super busy especially in school holidays. This doesn’t mean its a place to avoid at peak times – it’s just a consideration I thought useful to share.
There’s a full kitchen onsite offering a range of food and snacks. They also serve Lavazza coffee which always gets a thumbs up from me!
- Cost of entry: Under 1: £2.20, 12-23 months: £6.50, 2-3 years: £8.00, 4-11 years: £9.00. Accompanying adults are £1.50 each.
- Opening Hours: 9:30am until 6pm 7 days a week. Last admission is 45 minutes before closing.
- Address: Tower Park, Poole, Dorset BH12 4NY
4. LOLLIPOPS PLAY CAFE
If you are a family with children under 8 be sure to stop by the Lollipops Play Cafe.
The building is a converted church and so the high ceilings provide a great space for a 3 storey play frame. There’s a range of platforms, steps, slides and bridges for kids to explore. The separate baby sensory area is perfect for little visitors.
The on-site cafe serves a full array of freshly ground coffees, hot chocolates, smoothies and delicious homemade treats and snacks.
- Cost of entry: Under 6 months: free, 7 – 18 months: £2.00, 19 months+: £3.90, £1 Sibling discount
- Opening Hours: Check their website ahead of your visit. Last entry is 1 hour before closing.
- Address: Lollipops Play Café, 16 Landseer Road, Westbourne, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH4 9EH
5. MONKEY MADNESS
Monkey Madness is a large soft play warehouse with play equipment suitable for babies up until tweens.
There are two play areas within Monkey Madness. The first is an area created specifically for Under 4’s which allows little ones to run around and play safely. The second area is a large multi-level play area designed for older children which has several slides, tunnels and an aerial runway.
Monkey Madness also run a programme of toddler and pre-school activities during term time. These classes include a free stay and play session – check what’s on here.
- Cost of entry: Under 1: Free, Age 1-2: £4, Age 3: £5.50, Age 4-8: £6.50, Age 9+: £7.50. One accompanying adult is free per child, additional adults are £1.50.
- Opening Hours: 9:30 – 6pm, 7 days a week (Sunday close at 5:30pm)
- Address: Monkey Madness, Reid Street, Christchurch, Dorset BH23 2BT
I hope you’ve enjoyed this round of the best local soft play spots. If you visited one of the recommended soft play venues in Bournemouth, let us know what you thought in the comments below!
You may also like…